Built 1:1 highly personalized journeys at scale.
Optimized print spend by better understanding individual preferences.
Reduction in time from enrollment to welcome new members.
Healthcare consumers are in control of their healthcare journey. From picking insurers to choosing providers, consumers decide how, when, and where they engage in conversation. To compete in the Age of the Patient, payers need to engage members with seamless multichannel experiences. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM) historically relied on a one size fits all communication path for all its members without the ability to easily respond to communication preferences. Learn how Angela Dunbar, Marketing Manager at BCBSM, partnered with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and PFL (AppExchange Partner) to deliver a more connected and thoughtful member experience by triggering email or print communications based on known demographic attributes, behavior and preferences.
THE CHALLENGEBCBSM set out to reduce the amount of time needed to send required email notices. They acquired Marketing Cloud with intent to automate existing direct mail messaging across customer journeys. They needed to ensure that they could provide an alternative method of communication to the community members when an email bounces, or additional information is missing. BCBSM must send certain pieces of information within a strict time frame in order to stay compliant with federal, state, and local regulations. Those time requirements extend beyond communication and into general fulfillment as well. A “summary of benefits coverage” has to be sent out within seven business days. Previously, those pieces were sent out through a cumbersome, siloed process as a file transfer to a print vendor.
THE SOLUTIONUsing Tactile Marketing Automation allowed BCBSM to know exactly when pieces were sent and received. Through Salesforce Marketing Cloud and TMA, BCBSM has timestamps and visibility they didn’t have before. Today, everything is handled straight out of Salesforce, shattering their previously siloed process. BCBSM used PFL’s TMA solution to automate all existing direct mail campaigns, including annual notices, welcome kits, and renewal notices. With TMA’s Salesforce Marketing Cloud integration, BCBSM honored member channel preferences, automatically. BCBSM set out to reduce the amount of time needed to send those emails, but the direct mail component of TMA allowed them to reach customers who don’t have an email or prefer to be communicated through mail. The backend fulfillment of TMA allowed them to do this seamlessly while remaining HIPAA compliant. Today, BCBSM has a more efficient marketing process. They now have a 360-degree view of when materials were shipped and received by the prospect. Knowing when materials have been shipped and delivered is a key component in staying compliant in the industry.
reduction in time from enrollment to welcome mail
Year-over-year cost reduction for customer fulfillment materials
- Met all security and HIPAA requirements more efficiently.
- Increased reach and engagement with members who don’t have an email address on file, or who don’t respond to digital communications.
- Merged digital and direct mail workflows for improved efficiency and compliance.
- Streamlined print material fulfillment, allowing the send of direct mail when email information is missing from customer data, or when emails bounce.
- Added highly personalized direct mail into their digital strategy through Tactile Marketing Automation.
- Optimized print spend by better understanding individual channel preferences, ensuring they only mailed to those likely to respond.
- Built 1:1 highly personalized print journeys at scale – traditional printers can’t support the promise of an “audience of one” that PFL makes possible.
PFL has revolutionized the way we print and fulfill our marketing communications due to its seamless integration with Salesforce Marketing Cloud. PFL, you ROCK!
— Angela Dunbar, IBU Marketing ManagerBlue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan