One of the things about PFL that our customers most appreciate is that we provide not only the automation software but also the printing, shipping, and fulfillment for direct mail. Our unique all-in-one solution means we can provide an unmatched level of quality and a guarantee of brand consistency.
We’ve always adhered to best practices and strict manufacturing protocols to ensure the health and safety of our employees, and now in the midst of the current pandemic crisis, we’ve raised those standards.
Here’s how our state-of-the-art facility is leading the state in preparedness:
- There is no face-to-face crossover between manufacturing teams. A one-hour gap between shifts allows enough time to clear the building and for any air-borne fluids to settle.
- Non-essential traffic through the manufacturing area has been eliminated.
- All managers and staff who were not on specific shifts have been assigned to a shift to eliminate risk across shifts.
- All manufacturing teams are using separate doors.
- The manager on duty enters timecards manually each day for accuracy, so employees do not need to punch in on the touchscreen.
- No vendors and visitors are allowed in the building.
- We quickly built an additional break room near the manufacturing floor with a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker so we do not have to share space.
- At the start of every shift, all employees clean every surface they know they will touch, including touchscreens, pallet jacks, tables, machines, doorknobs, and so on.
- We are using a product called Virustat, a medical-grade surface cleaner. We are following the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
- We have 70% isopropyl alcohol available for disinfecting hands or surfaces.
- At the end of each shift, every employee cleans all touched surfaces again. Each surface is cleaned four times a day.
- For each shift, we conduct a daily meeting (while observing appropriate distancing) to remind folks about proper practices, notify them of any changes or challenges, and give assignments.
- We have instructed all employees to stay home if they are ill or think they may have come in contact with an infected individual.
- We created an email platform for communicating specific issues, timelines, and other details of specific jobs between key stakeholders.
- Daily reminders about staying at least 6 feet away from each other at all times.
- Daily reminders about washing hands and not touching faces.
- Daily reminders about cleaning and disinfecting.
At PFL, one of our guiding principles is continuous improvement. With that spirit, we will continue to monitor the situation and adapt quickly as we learn new information or best practices.
Kudos to VP of Manufacturing Tom Harreld, Pressroom Manager Justin Dalby, and all our manufacturing heroes for their excellent planning and implementation of these processes!
PFL provides an essential service according to the state of Montana as we use our services to enable communications and shipment of products for all businesses, including healthcare and public health. We’ll keep operating with care for the health and safety of our employees, and we can help keep your communications running, too. Contact us, and we’ll show you how.