National insurance agency, CUNA Mutual Group, needed an efficient way to send direct mail to members when their email bounces or is missing. Their direct mail efforts involved several team members frequently exporting lists and managing multiple vendors. Getting communications out in a timely matter was infeasible, and since direct mail was in a silo, they were unable to track and measure performance. The CUNA Mutual Group team wanted to turn Salesforce Marketing Cloud into a complete execution and attribution engine for offline retirement service programs.
CUNA Mutual Group turned to PFL to automate their direct mail with Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Direct mail touchpoints that traditionally lived in a silo from digital touchpoints are now merged to give members a seamless multichannel journey. Member journey data dictates when a member qualifies to receive mail and the mail is personalized with member data for a relevant experience. Printed member communications for balance alerts, pre-enrollment letters, welcome kits and more are now completely automated.
CUNA Mutual Group wholesalers and sales executives could also add prospects to a campaign that automatically sends a promotional item paired with a personalized note and follow-up emails. The team uses these programs as a “door opener” for their prospecting efforts.
By merging digital and direct mail workflows, CUNA Mutual Group:
- Improved efficiency and reduced print costs.
- Increased reach and engagement with members who don’t have an email address on file, don’t respond to digital communications, or block email messages with digital filters.
- Easily honored member channel preferences.
- Personalized direct mail with member data for a relevant experience.
- Gained a 360-degree view of their member and direct mail attribution.